The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Constantine (2005)

Let me say this outright: I'm not a member of the "Keanu Reeves can't act to save his life" gang.  I knida like his laid-back So California style, and his rather loose-limbed athleticism.  So I was looking forward to "Constantine", his tale of a doomed exorcist facing the End of Days.  And it didn't disappoint.  For those who DON'T like his acting style, I think that the film still has its share of pleasures, including a truly terrific vision of Hell, and CGI demons that are actually kinda spooky (even if they doo look a little too much like creatures from the vidgame Silent Hill).  At any rate, Constantine has more than enough bang for the buck, and a guest appearance by Satan himself.  Who can argue with that?  I give it a "B."

No comments: