The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Thursday, September 26, 2013

Don't tell my wife, but...I want some fun!


On Saturday, I climb into the cab
of a honking big moving van,
 and start driving from Atlanta
to California.    I wanted to do
it as a ritual of passage from one
stage of my life to another, but
Tananarive   put me on a strict
budget for the five days the trip
 will take.   But I'm tricky, and
the Diamondhour "special sale"
 money is in a different account...
and I really, really want more
"fun money" to blow on food,
hotels and entertainment as I
travel.    So...I've decided to have
 a "moving sale" over on
www.diamondhour.com.   The
"MASTERING F.E.A.R.",
"LIFEWRITING YEAR LONG",
and   "ULTIMATE WRITER'S
BUNDLE" courses will all be
1/2 OFF for the next five days...

I'd call that a "win-win".  You get
 some of my best work at a deep
discount, and I get to have fun
while I move my family!

But...SHHHH!  Don't tell Tananarive!


Steve
www.diamondhour.com

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Have fun on your trip! I think it is a good idea to make these sorts of life changing events an adventure and something to remember. Safe travels.

Steven Barnes said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I did a long move once, by myself, with an overnight stay in the middle. It was weird because, for that one night, I had no sense of place. My old home was gone and my new home was not yet actually mine. It was like the liminal stage of a religious ritual. For that brief period, I was no one ... and capable of becoming anyone. Then I arrived and my roles in society reasserted themselves.

I'd be curious to know if you experienced anything similar or if family kept you centered on the trip.